Do You Want To Upgrade To An MR Licence?
You Can Choose To Upgrade In Just One Day
Or Have Hourly Lessons
If you want to drive a route bus, coach, a removal or delivery truck then give us a call. We have a very high first attempt pass rate.
You will receive ‘one on one’ training which makes getting your Medium Rigid licence a lot easier. Your training will take place in our Mitsubishi FK617 truck, which is great to learn in and very similar to most other trucks in this category. You will easily be able to transfer your knowledge to other trucks that fit the MR category.
What You Need To Get Started:
To be eligible to obtain a Medium Rigid Truck Licence you must:
- Hold an open or provisional ‘C’ or ‘CA’ Class license for at least 12 months continuously
- Pass a Heavy Vehicle written test with Transport and Main Roads
- Pass a Transport and Main Roads practical driving test
We recommend that you get some practice in for your written test. You can access Queensland Transports Practice Road Rules Test by clicking on this link
Ready To Take The Next Step In Your Driving Career And Want To Know
What An MR Licence Will Enable You To Drive:
A Medium Rigid vehicle is one that fits within the following size and GVM dimensions:
- A truck (including a prime mover) weighing more than 8 tonnes GVM, with no more than two axles, with or without a trailer weighing 9 tonnes GVM or less
- A bus weighing more than 8 tonnes GVM, with not more than two axles, with or without a trailer weighing 9 tonnes GVM or less
- A specially constructed vehicle weighing more than 8 tonnes GVM, with no more than 2 axles, with or without a trailer weighing 9 tonnes GVM or less
You will be using the same vehicle that you completed your training to take your practical test. So you will be fully comfortable behind the wheel. We have a very high first attempt pass rate, we know what we are doing and prepare you for all contingencies.
You will need to allow around 60 – 70 minutes for your MR Licence practical test.
Whether you live in Brisbane, Logan or the Gold Coast, we can take care of all the details. You can choose between our one day truck training course or hourly driving lessons.
We are the only RACQ Approved Driving School delivering Truck Driving lessons on the Gold Coast and one of only 2 RACQ Approved Driving Schools offering Truck Driving lessons servicing Brisbane clients.
One Day Course – $750
Hourly Lessons – start at: $110 per hour