Do You Want To Shift Your Career Up A Gear?
Upgrade To A HR Synchromech (Restricted) Licence In Just One Day?
Do you want to have the ability to work across a variety of industries or maybe become your own boss? At Rightway we can get you on the road in the shortest amount of time.
We provide personalised ‘one on one’ training to make getting your Heavy Rigid licence quick and easy. We pride ourselves in our very high pass rate. Once you have obtained your HR Licence, you will be able to drive some of the largest trucks that can be seen on the road.
What You Need To Get Started:
The pre-requisites to obtain a Heavy Rigid licence:
- Hold an open or provisional ‘C’ or ‘CA’ Class licence for at least 2 years continuously or held a LR or MR for 1 year continuously.
- Pass a Heavy Vehicle written test with Transport and Main Roads
- Pass a Transport and Main Roads practical driving test
The Queensland Government website also has some practice written driving tests that you can take. A great way to brush up and ensure you pass the Heavy Vehicle written test first time. Click this link to access it.
What Can You Drive When You Have Obtained Your HR Licence:
A Heavy Rigid vehicle is one that fits within the following size and GVM dimensions:
- A bus, truck or prime mover weighing more than 8 tonnes GVM with more than 2 axles, with or without a trailer weighing 9 tonnes GVM or less
- An articulated bus weighing more than 8 tonnes GVM with more than 2 axles
- A specially constructed vehicle with more than 2 axles, which is greater than 8 tonnes GVM, plus a trailer of not more than 9 tonnes GVM.
There are 2 types of HR Licenses:
- An unrestricted heavy rigid licence. Click Here for more details
- A restricted heavy rigid licence. Click Here for more details
The typical HR Practical Driving Test takes around 70 minutes. You will be driving the exact same vehicle for your test that you drove for your lessons. This ensures you are totally familiar with the truck and gives you a better chance of getting your licence on your first attempt.
Our truck driving lessons are available for anyone living in Queensland. There is easy access for those in Brisbane, Logan and Gold Coast. See our map for directions.
“Could you please pass on a HUGE thank you to both Michael & Wim for the HR training. It’s much appreciated and we are both thrilled to have obtained our HR licenses!” Anna & John
We are the only RACQ Approved Driving School delivering Truck Driving lessons on the Gold Coast and one of only 2 RACQ Approved Driving Schools offering Truck Driving lessons servicing Brisbane clients.
Click below for more information on: